I am a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MSCE) specialising in business intelligence and data analytics with a passion for innovation and the latest technologies. My goal is to access data anywhere, in any shape, form or size and derive insights and value from this. My speciality is data capture, management and usage. Keeping up to date and learning is a passion I enjoy immensely. My current interests is cloud and big data computing.
CERTIFICATION: Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert MCSE/MCSA (License 6136-5461)
CORE QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS
- Full Microsoft BI Stack: SSMS, SSIS,SSAS,SSRS (v2000-2016)
- PowerBI & Tableau
- Database development and administration
- SQL query tuning and optimisation
- C#/VB.Net including Web APIs (REST/SOAP), WCF, WPF, ASP.Net/MVC, Entity Framework, LINQ, Telerik, Highcharts.
- SQL, MDX, XML, JSON, VBA, PowerShell
- Oracle, Teradata
- Atlassian Stash/Jira/Confluence/Sourcetree/GIT/ IIS
- Systems integration, APIs
- Office development: VSTO and Web Apps
- CSS, HTML, JQuery,
- Azure (including Azure SQL)
- NoSQL (DocumentDB, MongoDB)
EDUCATION: University of South Australia-Bachelor of Accounting
May 2008- Current CBA Wealth Management Finance-BI Data Analytics
- SQL/SSIS/SSAS Systems Administrator-Dev/UAT for Wealth Finance (DBA privileges). Tableau site administrator
- Systems Development and Enhancements: refining existing and developing new applications and solutions both front and back end-predominantly SSAS, SSIS, SQL, C#
- Systems maintenance and support and setup: support, develop, deploy, troubleshoot and documentation of changes-predominantly BI Stack and C# applications.
- Systems testing: plan, coordinate and execution for various forms of testing as well as performing detailed analysis and documentation. Includes developing test case, scripts and disaster recovery (failovers. etc.)
- .Net Development and support (C#/VB.Net)
- Producing ad-hoc queries and reports for the business-predominantly Actuarial/Finance.
- Continuously identifying new processes and solution and supporting Wealth Finance on all things BI and Data.
- Support for ensuring systems integrity between CommInsure’s various source systems to the GL through ownership/custody of the Finance/Actuarial Data warehouse and the responsibilities associated with this.
- Variance analysis and resolving reporting issues for the Actuarial reporting cubes as well as Investments and Manager. Variance can span many sources ranging from the underlying systems and tables to data warehouses and Actuarial spread sheets
- Peer/code review including technical sign off for work performed by offshore team (IBM India) for Wealth Finance.
- Support Lead Developer with internal portal (ASP.MVC)
- Database upgrades/migrations-Lead Developer
To download my CV, please enter password on top RHS of page